My second succulent is complete. I fussed with the colors and values so much trying to get it just so. It turned out reasonably like the photo, but the finished painting seams overworked to me.
I admire watercolors with looser strokes and broad washes, and so I decided to try the same composition again.
I had trouble in the first painting with a large orange area that seemed out of place. I spent a fair amount of time trying to tone it down, and fit in other smaller orange tinted areas. So I started with yellow this time, so I could distribute it early on. The yellow seems a little prominent right now. I think it will become a little less noticeable after I go back in with darker pinks and purples.
On this blog you will find my latest textile art, my inspirations, and processes. I have always loved drawing, painting, sewing, and creating. I've been sewing nearly as long as I can remember. I majored in Computer Science in college, but took many painting and drawing classes as well. I started pursuing my art more seriously when I discovered that I could combine it with the quilting skills I had acquired. Textile art has been a wonderful way to combine many of things that I love.